I’m a mother, author, speaker, business owner and grandmother. I have my hands full on a regular day let alone during a pandemic. It is my job to make sure my family is safe, nurtured, and informed. That’s why it is more important than ever that I take care of myself to be there for them. Not just present, but joyful, rested, and calm. Here are some of the things that I do to keep my sanity during this tough time.
1. Pray. I talk to God each morning in my quiet place. That could be the first minutes when I wake up before I get out of bed or at the kitchen table with my coffee.
2. Make sure I have everything I need to cook for my family.
3. Do some kind of exercise if nothing more than stretching which seems to be all that I’ve been doing lately. That’s okay.
4. I help my fifth grader stay on track with his online schoolwork and encourage him because this is difficult for our children. Their whole routines have changed.
5. I write every day both to keep up with writing for my next book but also as a positive distraction from the news and concerns that bombard our attention.
6. I express gratitude for the blessings in my life.
What are some self care things you’re doing to keep some sense of peace during this stressful time?
Be well. Be safe.